One of my biggest pet peeves when I began a position in public relations was the jumping back-and-forth between social media accounts to make sure the message was posted on my company’s Facebook, LinkedIn and then at a limited word count on Twitter and then again in French on each separate social media site. Each time I would hop around, I was feeling unproductive and definitely thought time could be spent. Until, I discovered the ‘little owl,’ Hootsuite. I must say, I think I told everyone at the office, all of which definitely did not care. “Of course there would be a social media dashboard out there, until now how could such a thing not exist.” I am forever grateful. This was 2 years but today, it’s difficult to narrow down the Top 10. To name a few: TweetDeck, Brizzly, Threadsy & Spredfast. After giving many a try, every time I just keep crawling back to Hootsuite. So I thought what better then to mention some of the positive things Hootsuite is doing other then making my life a little better everyday.
Hootsuite is partnering up with Syracuse University and their Newman School of Public Relations to assist students with building their own social media awareness. Similar to Ryerson’s social media course, the program will aid in the fundamentals of managing corporate social media. I think this is very necessary when studying public relations, what do you think?
Cool post! This kind of hands on experience and the associated credentials are priceless, especially when you find yourself managing social profiles for organizations.
ReplyDelete